This is a touch on the crappy side as many users may not be confident enough with command line working, It also means that you need to remember where you stored to directory and run cd to change to that directory.
It's much easier to add the application to the top panel and here's how you do it.
- Download jUploadr for linux
- Once you have extracted the contents of the tar file to your desktop, enter the following into your command line.
- Note that jUploadr-1.1.2-linuxGTK-i386 should be changed to whatever the version you have is called. Run ls on your Desktop to find out and allow an easy copy and paste.
- Right click on the top panel and select "add to panel"
- Select "Custom Application Launcher"
- The main bit here is to browse to the file "jUploadr" within the directory you just moved to /usr/bin.
- Click on the little spring platform image and this lets you select the icon to chose. Navigate to the directory you just moved to /usr/bin and click open, you then have the choice of 3 image files to select.
- There you go. Just click and this will open jUploadr.